Chia seed pudding is one of our favourite go-to breakfast (and dessert!) at the moment. This ridiculously simple recipe can be done in a matter of seconds. You just need to let it soak overnight and you will get a delicious nutrient-packed pudding with the consistency of tapioca. You can add whatever fruit puree you like or just blend it with cocoa powder to get a dessert. If you're not a fan of that kind of texture, blend it before serving to get a creamy omega-3 rich pudding.
This recipe comes from my inspiring friend who owns a wonderful organic product company in the province of Quebec, named Prana (nuts, dried fruits, superfoods, seeds etc.). I tough it was a good idea to share it with you since it's the base for a lot of my recipes (mocha avocado chia pudding!).
Recipe from Prana
Yield : serves 2
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or raw honey)
1. Mix every ingredient together in a jar. Shake well to combine.
2. Refrigerate overnight (or at least 1 hour). You can shake it again after 30 minutes and one more time, after 15 minutes. If you run out of time and have to skip that part, you might discover big chunks of agglomerated chia seeds in the morning in your pudding. Brake down the chunks with a fork and pour back into the jar. Shake and enjoy!
3. When ready to serve, stir well.
4. Top with fruit and granola. Noah likes is with fresh coconut flesh!