This "black forest overnight oats" was adapted from my Matcha overnight oats recipe by adding raw cacao powder instead of matcha tea powder. I served these soaked oats with coconut yogurt (or you can use sheep's yogurt), fresh cherries (or unsulfuried dried cherries), shredded coconut, cacao nibs and bee pollen. It might be one of my favourite overnight oat recipe (and I tried a lot of them!). This breakfast is just slightly sweeten with mashed bananas, decadent enough and as all the flavours that remind me of the famous black forest cake!
For more ideas on ways to eat chocolate and cherries for breakfast, see this post that includes two more recipes (black forest chia pudding and black forest smoothie) : Black forest breakfast.
"BLACK FOREST" OVERNIGHT OATS
Yield : 4 servings
- 1,5 cup almond milk (or your favourite milk)
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (I use raw cacao powder)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (or maple syrup or agave nectar)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Toppings : coconut yogurt (or your favourite yogurt), sliced cherries, cacao nibs, bee pollen, unsweetened shredded coconut
For the overnight oats :
- To make the overnight oats, mix together the almond milk, chia seeds, oats, cacao powder, honey, vanilla and mashed banana . Stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with your favourite yogurt, sliced cherries, shredded coconut, cacao nibs and bee pollen.