Roasted chickpeas are great as a snack, but also in recipes, especially to replace "bread croutons" or when I want to add crunchiness to my dishes. I particularly love to top my salads with spicy roasted chickpeas. This time, I made a butter lettuce salad with fresh tomatoes, avocados, herbs, radish slices, spicy chickpeas and a vegan ranch dressing. Very easy to assemble and honestly... it was a killer lunch! For the complete post for more informations on roasted chickpeas and my favourite ways to seasoned them, click here : Oven roasted chickpeas : 5 ways!
BUTTER LETTUCE & ROASTED CHICKPEAS SALAD W/VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
Ingredients for the salad :
- Butter lettuce
- Radishes, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh herbs (in this case basil and parsley)
- Spicy and smokey chickpeas
- Vegan ranch dressing
Ingredients for the vegan ranch dressing :
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (at least 4 hours or 30 minutes in boiling water)
- 1/2 cup water (or more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Fresh herbs (dill, basil, parsley) - to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Correct the seasonings to taste.
Assemble your salad and drizzle the dressing on top. Enjoy your fresh and hearty salad !