I've tried a few gluten free pancake recipes and a couple weren't so good (ask my husband!). These decadent flourless pancakes are not only delicious but are easy to make! Whenever I serve these on a weekend brunch, they disappear in minutes !
Maca powder is a tubercle that grows in the high Andean mountains. It's rich in fibre, protein, iron and calcium. This superfood is great in smoothies, desserts and pancakes. It makes a perfect match with chocolate !
Flourless banana chocolate pecans pancakes
Inspired by topwihcinnamon
Yield : around 20 pancakes
4 mashed bananas
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup raw pecans
1/4 cup dark cacao chips (at least 70%)
2 tablespoon cacao powder
2 tablespoons grounded flax seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup + more for serving
1 tablespoon maca powder (optional)
pinch of salt
Coconut oil for cooking
- Mash the ripened banana by hands or with a fork until smooth and set aside
- Beat the eggs and then add to the mashed banana.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix.
- Generously spray a nonstick pancake skillet with coconut oil and turn the stove to medium heat.
- Using a about 1 tablespoon of batter, scoop and pour into the skillet. Flip the pancakes once the edges become cooked and allow the pancakes to cook through.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Note: When you do gluten-free pancakes, be sure to use a non-stick skillet, because they tend to stick a lot. Also, since these are loaded with bananas and maple syrup, they burn fast so keep an eye and don't overcook them.