This vegan coconut panna cotta is gluten free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free and is the perfect quick dessert! It only takes a few minutes to make and requires only four ingredients! My favorite way to enjoy this dessert is to serve it with my strawberry chia jam. I also like to use a few other toppings, which probably makes it one of my most versatile dessert. Remember when I posted this vegan pumpkin panna cotta topped with coconut whipped cream, caramel and candied pecans last fall ?
Panna cotta is in my opinion the right dessert for any occasion, a fancy dinner or a weekday meal. The ingredients are inexpensive and the recipe doesn't require any torche (like creme brûlée). Yet it still tastes and look amazing!
Here are a few other ideas... Go ahead and replace the strawberry chia jam with :
- An apricot or mango or passion fruit jam/sauce
- A drizzle of my vegan caramel sauce
- A cherry sauce and shaved dark chocolate
- Fresh berries and a fruit coulis
- Fresh figs, a gingered maple syrup and a few candied ginger pieces
- Or try adding the juice of 2 limes in the mixture and serve it with lime zest on top
Coconut panna cotta with strawberry chia jam (dairy-free, vegan, gluten-fee, egg-free)
Yield : 4-6 servings (depending on your molds)
- 1 can organic coconut milk (15 oz)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla or seeds of one vanilla bean
- 1,5 teaspoons agar-agar FLAKES (or 1/2 teaspoon agar-agar powder)
- Strawberry jam (get the recipe here) or other toppings of your choice
- Add the coconut milk, maple syrup, agar flakes and vanilla in a medium saucepan and whisk.
- Heat over medium-high until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the agar is completely dissolved (you can check with a spoon if you still sea agar flakes). Whisk frequently.
- Pour the mixture into your serving bowls or glasses. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or even overnight. If you want to invert the panna cotta from the bowls onto a plate, you may have to do it after 3-4 hours (more then that, it may stick too much to the bowls).
- Serve with strawberry chia jam or other toppings of your choice.
Note : I like my panna cotta creamy and soft. If you prefer yours thicker, you may add up to 2 teaspoons of agar flakes